Administering glucocorticoid leads to entrainment of molecular clocks in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by regulating BMAL-1 and PER2-3.
Mechanical pain perception and somatosensory function in secondary adrenal insufficiency were examined.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
In the United Kingdom, rates of the disease were highest for those born in December, while in Poland, rates were highest for those born in January.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Both high- and low-dose adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation tests are adequate for including adrenal insufficiency as a diagnosis.
Many patients with adrenal insufficiency do not receive adequate education on steroid dose adjustment or have emergency glucocorticoid kits.
All patients using corticosteroid therapy are at risk for adrenal insufficiency, and clinicians should educate patients about this risk.
The etiology of Cushing's syndrome affects how long it takes for a patient to recover their adrenal function after surgery.
Adrenal insufficiency appears to impact patients differently and influences their beliefs about hydrocortisone replacement.
Critical illness alters adrenal glands and contributes to adrenal insufficiency in ICU patients.
Addison disease patients may not benefit from continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage