Mechanical pain perception and somatosensory function in secondary adrenal insufficiency were examined.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
In the United Kingdom, rates of the disease were highest for those born in December, while in Poland, rates were highest for those born in January.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Both high- and low-dose adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation tests are adequate for including adrenal insufficiency as a diagnosis.
Many patients with adrenal insufficiency do not receive adequate education on steroid dose adjustment or have emergency glucocorticoid kits.
All patients using corticosteroid therapy are at risk for adrenal insufficiency, and clinicians should educate patients about this risk.
The etiology of Cushing's syndrome affects how long it takes for a patient to recover their adrenal function after surgery.
Adrenal insufficiency appears to impact patients differently and influences their beliefs about hydrocortisone replacement.
Critical illness alters adrenal glands and contributes to adrenal insufficiency in ICU patients.
Addison disease patients may not benefit from continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging