Data from a phase 1 study was presented at the 2017 ADA Scientific Sessions.
Researchers presented data from the ODYSSEY DM Insulin and Dyslipidemia trials at ADA 2017.
Hypoglycemic episodes, moderate or severe, can effectively and efficiently be managed by nasal glucagon in adult patients with type 1 diabetes.
Two studies examined the effects of naltrexone/bupropion on weight loss, glycemic parameters, and cardiovascular risks in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Patients with type 2 diabetes taking statins after insulin initiation had better glycemic control, but their risk for mortality was higher compared with patients who did not take statins.
A randomized double-blind trial examined the safety and efficacy of ertugliflozin plus metformin for inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes.
Low-Carbohydrate vs Low-fat Diet Success In Patients With Prediabetes Differs According to Fasting Insulin Levels
Fasting plasma glucose, insulin, and insulin sensitivity levels were measured to determine their prognostic value as markers for long-term weight loss.
Researchers examined the relationship between maternal diabetes and asthma risk in children.
Mental health and behavioral screenings should be routine part of care for pediatric patients with diabetes
More patients in the device-supported group achieved a fasting self-monitored plasma glucose target of 90 to 130 mg/dL at week 16 without severe hypoglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis