Empagliflozin caused slower progression of kidney disease and reduced the rates of renal events compared with placebo when added to standard care.
A program focused on behavior reduced costs and improved glycemic control in children with repeat hospitalizations for diabetic ketoacidosis.
The SGLT2 inhibitor ipragliflozin was effective and well tolerated in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes on insulin.
Researchers observed significant increases in costs per complication in patients with diabetes who are HDHP members.
Mortality rates have dropped significantly in diabetes patients over the age of 65 but not among those between 55 and 64 years of age.
An automated home monitor may reduce diabetic foot ulcer-related morbidity, mortality, and resource utilization.
T cell mitochondrial dysfunction in patients with type 1 diabetes may lead to abnormal T cell regulation.
The system was feasible, safe, and effective for managing hyperglycemia in this patient population.
Cumulative life stress was a risk factor for developing islet autoimmunity in children with high type 1 diabetes risk.
Faster aspart as part of a basal-bolus regimen improved glycemic control when compared with basal insulin only.
Compared with placebo, liraglutide decreased the rate of cardiovascular events in high-risk patients with diabetes.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally