Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 10mcg (tetanus toxoid conjugate) per 0.5mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution with saline, Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for ACTHIB:
Combined with supplied saline diluent by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 2–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b. Combined with Tripedia (DTaP) vaccine by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 15–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
Inject IM in thigh or deltoid. Reconstituted with DTaP, or saline: <2months: not recommended. As 1st, 2nd, 3rd dose in series: 0.5mL at 2, 4, and 6 months. Reconstituted with Tripedia (DTaP): <15months: not recommended. As 4th dose in series: 0.5mL at 15–18months, then 5th dose at 4–6yrs. Previously unvaccinated children: see literature.
Immunodeficiency/ suppression, malignancies: may get suboptimal response. Delay administration in active infection or fever. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins 2 weeks after inoculation. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended.
Local pain, redness, swelling, irritability, drowsiness, anorexia, fever, GI upset.
ActHIB may be reconstituted with either supplied saline diluent or Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia. TriHIBit is a product of the reconstitution of ActHIB with Tripedia for the 4th dose only.
Single-dose vials—5 (w. saline diluent)
Single-dose vials—5 (w. 5 Tripedia vials as diluent)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation