Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 10mcg (tetanus toxoid conjugate) per 0.5mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution with saline, Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for ACTHIB:
Combined with supplied saline diluent by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 2–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b. Combined with Tripedia (DTaP) vaccine by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 15–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
Inject IM in thigh or deltoid. Reconstituted with DTaP, or saline: <2months: not recommended. As 1st, 2nd, 3rd dose in series: 0.5mL at 2, 4, and 6 months. Reconstituted with Tripedia (DTaP): <15months: not recommended. As 4th dose in series: 0.5mL at 15–18months, then 5th dose at 4–6yrs. Previously unvaccinated children: see literature.
Immunodeficiency/ suppression, malignancies: may get suboptimal response. Delay administration in active infection or fever. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins 2 weeks after inoculation. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended.
Local pain, redness, swelling, irritability, drowsiness, anorexia, fever, GI upset.
ActHIB may be reconstituted with either supplied saline diluent or Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia. TriHIBit is a product of the reconstitution of ActHIB with Tripedia for the 4th dose only.
Single-dose vials—5 (w. saline diluent)
Single-dose vials—5 (w. 5 Tripedia vials as diluent)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care