Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain nitroprusside, glycine; reagent tabs.
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for ACETEST:
Detection of ketones in urine, serum, whole blood, plasma.
Adults and Children:
Collect fresh specimen. Test according to package directions.
Not for ingestion.
Tablet darkening indicates deterioration.
Sulfobromophthalein, phenylketones, 8-hydroxyquinoline, levodopa may give false (+) result.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine