Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain nitroprusside, glycine; reagent tabs.
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for ACETEST:
Detection of ketones in urine, serum, whole blood, plasma.
Adults and Children:
Collect fresh specimen. Test according to package directions.
Not for ingestion.
Tablet darkening indicates deterioration.
Sulfobromophthalein, phenylketones, 8-hydroxyquinoline, levodopa may give false (+) result.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity