Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels correlated with risk for dyslipidemia.
ACC 2016 Complete Coverage
Echocardiography and early intervention may be cost-effective in older patients with type 2 diabetes.
Children who exhibited at least 4 unhealthy behaviors were more likely to be obese and have unfavorable cholesterol levels.
After 5 years, more patients in the surgery group had lower blood glucose than in medication-only group.
Many people estimated their risk to be as high as 80%.
Evacetrapib did lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in high vascular risk patients, but did not reduce major cardiovascular events.
Certain SNPs may indicate which type 2 diabetes patients with coronary artery disease will experience a cardiovascular event.
Having both diseases raises a patient's chances for developing diabetes.
The association between hand grip strength and cardiovascular events was independent of traditional risk factors.
Results from HOPE-3 suggest statins can be more widely used in intermediate-risk patients without cardiovascular disease.
Certain biomarkers as well as baseline factors were specifically related to sudden cardiac death.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Skin Disease and Metabolic Syndrome: Early Warning Signs of a Greater Problem
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women