Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadofosveset trisodium 244mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for ABLAVAR:
For use as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD) in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease.
Give as IV bolus inj over 30 seconds followed by 25–30mL normal saline flush. 0.12mL/kg (0.03mmol/kg). See full labeling for imaging guidelines.
<18yrs: not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); discontinue immediately if occurs; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of drug reactions, asthma, allergy or other hypersensitivity disorders. Risk of QTc prolongation; consider obtaining baseline ECG to assess risk, consider follow up ECG and risk reduction measures until contrast agent eliminated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant drugs that bind to albumin.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Pruritus, headache, nausea, vasodilation, paresthesia, inj site bruising, dysgeusia, burning sensation, venipuncture site bruise, hypertension, dizziness, feeling cold; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials (10mL, 15mL)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk