AADE, ADA and AND released position statement on when a patient should be referred for diabetes self-management education.
A systematic review of evidence may help answer question of whether DSME benefits patients with diabetes.
Thoroughly instructing patients on CGM can help improve diabetes outcomes.
Strategies for modifying behaviors may help with weight management by enhancing motivation and accountability.
Certified diabetes educator pharmacists can play a greater role in helping patients with diabetes manage medications.
Some therapies harbor cardiovascular benefits while others may pose significant risks.
Diabetes educators in industry roles are uniquely poised to foster collaboration between industry and clinical practice.
Nutrition and lifestyle modifications form cornerstone of therapy.
Results highlight importance of addressing psychological issues, behavior change strategies and more.
Ann Albright, RD, PhD, of the CDC, discusses components of the National DPP.
Problems include excessive costs, increased risk for complications later and more.
About 33% of girls with type 1 diabetes have an eating disorder.
The device may be available within the next 3 or 4 years.
Embracing new technologies can revolutionize health care and help engage patients in their own care.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
Popular technologies are ushering in new ways to help patients, clinicians manage diabetes.
Individualized education found to be beneficial for young CGM users.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
Several strategies have been proven effective.
Identifying foot problems early in diabetes can prevent serious and extensive complications.
Using technology to engage patients with diabetes is important in the changing landscape of health information.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem for those with diabetes, and clinicians must educate their patients about the risks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity