AADE, ADA and AND released position statement on when a patient should be referred for diabetes self-management education.
A systematic review of evidence may help answer question of whether DSME benefits patients with diabetes.
Thoroughly instructing patients on CGM can help improve diabetes outcomes.
Strategies for modifying behaviors may help with weight management by enhancing motivation and accountability.
Certified diabetes educator pharmacists can play a greater role in helping patients with diabetes manage medications.
Some therapies harbor cardiovascular benefits while others may pose significant risks.
Diabetes educators in industry roles are uniquely poised to foster collaboration between industry and clinical practice.
Nutrition and lifestyle modifications form cornerstone of therapy.
Results highlight importance of addressing psychological issues, behavior change strategies and more.
Ann Albright, RD, PhD, of the CDC, discusses components of the National DPP.
Problems include excessive costs, increased risk for complications later and more.
About 33% of girls with type 1 diabetes have an eating disorder.
The device may be available within the next 3 or 4 years.
Embracing new technologies can revolutionize health care and help engage patients in their own care.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
Popular technologies are ushering in new ways to help patients, clinicians manage diabetes.
Individualized education found to be beneficial for young CGM users.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
Several strategies have been proven effective.
Identifying foot problems early in diabetes can prevent serious and extensive complications.
Using technology to engage patients with diabetes is important in the changing landscape of health information.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem for those with diabetes, and clinicians must educate their patients about the risks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- April 28 Is Drug Take Back Day
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Associated With Insulin Resistance Independent of Obesity in Children
- Factors Identified to Predict Fatty Liver in Obese Teens