Ann Albright, RD, PhD, of the CDC, discusses components of the National DPP.
AADE 2015 Complete Coverage
AADE, ADA and AND released position statement on when a patient should be referred for diabetes self-management education.
A systematic review of evidence may help answer question of whether DSME benefits patients with diabetes.
Thoroughly instructing patients on CGM can help improve diabetes outcomes.
Strategies for modifying behaviors may help with weight management by enhancing motivation and accountability.
Certified diabetes educator pharmacists can play a greater role in helping patients with diabetes manage medications.
Identifying celiac disease, preventing accidental gluten exposure is difficult in this patient population.
Some therapies harbor cardiovascular benefits while others may pose significant risks.
Diabetes educators in industry roles are uniquely poised to foster collaboration between industry and clinical practice.
Nutrition and lifestyle modifications form cornerstone of therapy.
Results highlight importance of addressing psychological issues, behavior change strategies and more.
Problems include excessive costs, increased risk for complications later and more.
About 33% of girls with type 1 diabetes have an eating disorder.
The device may be available within the next 3 or 4 years.
Embracing new technologies can revolutionize health care and help engage patients in their own care.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
Popular technologies are ushering in new ways to help patients, clinicians manage diabetes.
Individualized education found to be beneficial for young CGM users.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
Several strategies have been proven effective.
Identifying foot problems early in diabetes can prevent serious and extensive complications.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D
- High Circulating Prolactin Concentrations May Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Online Tool Helps Patients With Advance Care Planning
- Dapagliflozin Lowers Heart Failure Hospitalization Rates in High-Risk Patients With Diabetes
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Reduced Risk for Incident T2D in Patients With Hepatitis C Infection
- Technological Breakthroughs in Medicine Move Physician-Patient Interactions From The Computer Screen Back to the Exam Room