Researchers examined the safety and efficacy of daily vs weekly levothyroxine therapy for hypothyroidism in young and middle aged adults.
Synthroid was associated with an 11% lower likelihood of having out-of-range TSH lab values vs generic levothyroxine.
A 28-year-old male patient, otherwise in good health, presented with acute onset vertigo, nausea, and vomiting resulting from exogenous testosterone use.
Researchers noted a significant increase in serum vitamin D and significant reductions in TSH following 3 months of vitamin D supplementation.
Patients on HAART may require additional metabolic monitoring for cardiovascular issues.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
A patient presented with intentional 10-pound weight loss, suppressed thyroid-stimulating hormone, and increased FT4 and TT3 levels.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
The combined treatment regimen of metformin and liraglutide led to complete remission in 74% of patients with new onset type 2 diabetes.
More patients receiving empagliflozin and linagliptin combination therapy were able to reach HbA1c goals compared with those patients receiving monotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis