Researchers examined the safety and efficacy of daily vs weekly levothyroxine therapy for hypothyroidism in young and middle aged adults.
Synthroid was associated with an 11% lower likelihood of having out-of-range TSH lab values vs generic levothyroxine.
A 28-year-old male patient, otherwise in good health, presented with acute onset vertigo, nausea, and vomiting resulting from exogenous testosterone use.
Researchers noted a significant increase in serum vitamin D and significant reductions in TSH following 3 months of vitamin D supplementation.
Patients on HAART may require additional metabolic monitoring for cardiovascular issues.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
A patient presented with intentional 10-pound weight loss, suppressed thyroid-stimulating hormone, and increased FT4 and TT3 levels.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
The combined treatment regimen of metformin and liraglutide led to complete remission in 74% of patients with new onset type 2 diabetes.
More patients receiving empagliflozin and linagliptin combination therapy were able to reach HbA1c goals compared with those patients receiving monotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Osteoporosis Treatment Approaches in Women vs Men
- Fewer Menstrual Cycles May Lead to Increased Risk for Heart Failure
- Frequent Hot Flashes Worsened Endothelial Function in Younger Midlife Women
- Collaborative Care With Pharmacist Benefits Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 5/26/17
- Liraglutide Plus Metformin Leads to Remission in New-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Adds Boxed Warning to Canagliflozin Due To Increased Leg and Foot Amputation Risk
- Comorbid Congestive Heart Failure Linked to Worse Outcomes When Receiving Parenteral Nutrition
- Early Insulin Therapy Improves Type 2 Diabetes Care
- Brain Function Abnormalities With Overweight/Obesity in Type 2 Diabetes
- Long-Term Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use Linked to Myocardial Dysfunction and Atherosclerosis
- Dual Experiences in Endometriosis Health Care
- Normal Meal Tolerance Test Effective As Insulin Secretion Test in T2D
- USPSTF: Updated Preeclampsia Screening Recommendations
- Oral Contraceptives May Reduce Fracture Risk