Researchers examined the safety and efficacy of daily vs weekly levothyroxine therapy for hypothyroidism in young and middle aged adults.
Synthroid was associated with an 11% lower likelihood of having out-of-range TSH lab values vs generic levothyroxine.
A 28-year-old male patient, otherwise in good health, presented with acute onset vertigo, nausea, and vomiting resulting from exogenous testosterone use.
Researchers noted a significant increase in serum vitamin D and significant reductions in TSH following 3 months of vitamin D supplementation.
Patients on HAART may require additional metabolic monitoring for cardiovascular issues.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
A patient presented with intentional 10-pound weight loss, suppressed thyroid-stimulating hormone, and increased FT4 and TT3 levels.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
The combined treatment regimen of metformin and liraglutide led to complete remission in 74% of patients with new onset type 2 diabetes.
More patients receiving empagliflozin and linagliptin combination therapy were able to reach HbA1c goals compared with those patients receiving monotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk