Researchers examined the safety and efficacy of daily vs weekly levothyroxine therapy for hypothyroidism in young and middle aged adults.
Synthroid was associated with an 11% lower likelihood of having out-of-range TSH lab values vs generic levothyroxine.
A 28-year-old male patient, otherwise in good health, presented with acute onset vertigo, nausea, and vomiting resulting from exogenous testosterone use.
Researchers noted a significant increase in serum vitamin D and significant reductions in TSH following 3 months of vitamin D supplementation.
Patients on HAART may require additional metabolic monitoring for cardiovascular issues.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
A patient presented with intentional 10-pound weight loss, suppressed thyroid-stimulating hormone, and increased FT4 and TT3 levels.
The patient presented with symptoms consistent with adrenal deficiency following 18 years of topical steroid application.
The combined treatment regimen of metformin and liraglutide led to complete remission in 74% of patients with new onset type 2 diabetes.
More patients receiving empagliflozin and linagliptin combination therapy were able to reach HbA1c goals compared with those patients receiving monotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD