Specific recommendations for medication adjustments can help prevent acute complications when traveling.
AACE 2016 Complete Coverage
Treatment with saroglitazar was linked to sonographic improvement in fatty liver.
Compared with standard protocol, patients achieved faster resolution of acidosis and hyperglycemia.
Left Adrenal Vein Aldosterone Ratio May Help Predict Right-Sided Unilateral Disease in Primary Aldosteronism
A cutoff value less than 0.5 performed well for right-sided disease, but 5.5 cannot be used to reliably identify left-sided disease.
A large proportion of patients without diabetes developed the disease postoperatively in single-center study.
Robert Eckel, MD, discusses lipid management in the era of PCSK9 inhibitors at AACE 2016.
A new instrument may provide physicians insight into satisfaction with acromegaly treatment.
Questions linger about which bacteria are helpful and which are harmful.
W. Timothy Garvey, MD, discusses the newly released evidence-based recommendations designed to help physicians treat patients with obesity in a real-world setting.
Alice C. Levine, MD, discusses mild hypercortisolism due to adrenal incidentalomas.
Patients using the electronic system had lower rates of hypoglycemia and less severe hypoglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis