ACP responds to criticism from the ADA, the Endocrine Society, the AACE, and the AADE of guidance that clinicians should aim to achieve an HbA1c level between 7% and 8% in most people with type 2 diabetes.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
An increasing number of studies support the use of continuous glucose monitoring in adult patients with T2D, and the observed benefits are likely to extend to youth with T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Researchers examined the relationship between early to mid-childhood adiposity measures and mid-childhood alanine aminotransferase levels.
In obese subjects with and without type 2 diabetes, oxyntomodulin significantly augments glucose-dependent insulin secretion.
Researchers conducted secondary analysis of data from a multicenter study of 5580 women from 11 Latin America countries in order to assess the association between waist-to-height ratio and anxiety.
Latest in General Endocrinology
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Health care providers should offer family planning counseling to all women after spontaneous abortion, remaining responsive to individual patient needs.
Study provides evidence that DPP-4 inhibitors are not associated with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis in older adults overall. The positive association observed in patients with CVD could be due to chance or bias but merits further investigation.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes