Decision support systems in clinical settings can dramatically decrease the time and manpower needed to perform a variety of tasks, but do they cause more harm than good?
Evidence of the streetlight effect can be found across several fields, where investigators draw conclusions from analysis of irrelevant or most readily available data.
The latest CDC findings show that 40% of US adults and 19% of US children are affected by obesity.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
The Gram-negative bacterium Helicobacter pylori was associated with increased marginal ulceration rates, but otherwise had little impact on bariatric surgery outcomes.
A recent study examined the extent to which rising BMI accounts for reductions in the rate of mortality using data from cohorts of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey and linked mortality files.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Patients with metabolic syndrome have a lower rate of recovery from sudden sensorineural hearing loss than those without.
Higher concentrations of perfluoroalkyl substances are associated with greater weight regain in a diet-induced weight-loss setting.
A combination of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and antipsychotics does not lead to further deterioration of metabolic variables; however, metabolic monitoring should be performed.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis