Findings suggest that insulin resistance and deficiency may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease via their influence on brain function.
Environmental causes of T2D and other metabolic disorders are often overlooked; a new body of evidence, however, is changing the clinical thinking about mitigating these effects on those at high risk of T2D.
Insulin resistance contributes to the increased risk of type 2 diabetes in individuals with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Although metformin has been studied in randomized trials as adjunctive therapy to insulin in individuals with type 1 diabetes, further investigation in the form of outcomes trials is necessary to assess risks vs benefits.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
A 36-month multicomponent behavioral intervention does not change BMI trajectory.
The researchers noted that these findings highlight the complexity of obesity as a disease that shares a common etiology with some psychiatric and addictive disorders.
Exercising, eating less were top weight loss methods; more women than men attempted weight loss.
Latest in General Endocrinology
In patients with hypotonic polyuria, the direct measurement of hypertonic saline-stimulated plasma copeptin has better diagnostic accuracy than the water-deprivation test.
The treatment goals for Cushing syndrome are to normalize cortisol levels, reverse clinical symptoms, and if possible to remove the secreting neoplasm.
International evidence-based guidelines include 166 recommendations and practice points to improve health outcomes of women with PCOS.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Second-Line Therapies Show Benefit Over Metformin Monotherapy in T2D
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Intermittent vs Continuous Energy-Restricted Diet: Effects on Glycemic Control and Weight Loss T2D
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Characteristics of Menstrual Cycle Associated With Early Natural Menopause
- Decreased Osteoporosis Treatment Initiation Observed After Hip Fracture
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Two-Screen Program More Effective for Identifying Congenital Hypothyroidism
- AMA Proposes Policy Opposing Medicaid 'Lockout' Provisions