The latest CDC findings show that 40% of US adults and 19% of US children are affected by obesity.
The AHA now recommends replacing both saturated and trans fats with unsaturated fats from vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and oily fish.
Despite multiple measures and goals to reduce US maternal mortality rates, the latest data suggest the United States is far behind the rest of the world in maternal health care.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Traumatic events included death of a child, being the victim of assault, experiencing a life-threatening illness, or spouse or child experiencing an accident.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) with simultaneous cholecystectomy had a significantly higher complication rate and took more than 1 hour longer than RYGB without cholecystectomy.
Probiotic supplementation resulted in a significant reduction in body weight, BMI, and fat percentage in people with overweight or obesity.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Serum vitamin D levels may impact Epstein-Barr virus in people with MS, according to research presented at ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS 2017.
Following experimental sunburn, patients receiving high-dose vitamin D3 had reduced inflammatory mediators vs placebo.
BMI and age at hospital admission are both predictive of potential negative outcomes in patients with anorexia nervosa.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation