Latest Features & Opinion
Often, patients as consumers may not be aware that the products they are using for diabetes care are not protected by HIPAA.
FDA approval of the first closed-loop insulin delivery system is exciting for both physicians and patients. What does this mean for the future?
Latest in Obesity
An imbalance, which is typically 16:1 in a Western diet, leads to increased risk of weight gain and inflammation.
In a study of Swedish Obese Subjects participants, researchers found that bariatric surgery provided benefits above and beyond usual care for weight loss.
For overweight or obese individuals, income predicts receipt of weight-loss advice from health care providers.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Considerable costs are associated with absenteeism related to chronic diseases and health risk factors.
Molecular autopsy is able to uncover a likely or plausible cause of death in 40% of cases of unexpected death in young people.
The United States lags behind other advanced nations when it comes to infant mortality and the life expectancy of its citizens.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- AspireAssist Obesity Treatment Device Earns FDA Approval
- Electronic Glycemic Management System May Reduce Inpatient Hypoglycemia
- Novel Program May Help Prevent DKA Hospitalizations in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes
- New Ingestible Balloon May Help Patients Lose Weight
- Risk for Prediabetes, Diabetes Decreased With Higher Levels of Fitness
- Child-Parent Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia Feasible in Primary Care
- Adult Metabolic Syndrome Risk Associated With Socioeconomic Status in Childhood
- Statins May Offset Risk for Insulin-Related Cancers in Type 2 Diabetes
- Ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 Fatty Acids Plays Role in Obesity
- FDA Adds New Warning to All Testosterone Products