Despite multiple measures and goals to reduce US maternal mortality rates, the latest data suggest the United States is far behind the rest of the world in maternal health care.
An endocrinologist shares his experience of using concept videos to teach medical students.
One practicing endocrinologist ponders whether mentoring medical students requires more than imparting knowledge.
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
It has been shown that there is an association between religious affiliation and higher body weight.
Increasing waist circumference in midlife increases the risk of cognitive decline in late life.
Stress is associated with impaired sleep and possible obesity.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Following experimental sunburn, patients receiving high-dose vitamin D3 had reduced inflammatory mediators vs placebo.
BMI and age at hospital admission are both predictive of potential negative outcomes in patients with anorexia nervosa.
A systematic review of 71 studies tied occupation type to likelihood of vitamin D deficiency.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- In-Hospital Tramadol Use Increases Hypoglycemia Risk in T1D, T2D
- Predicting Adult MetS, T2D, CV Risks in Childhood
- Efficacy of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes: The Impact of Secure Patient-Provider Messaging
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- HbA1c vs Fasting Plasma Glucose for Prediabetes, Diabetes Diagnosis
- No Fingerstick Necessary: FDA Approves Novel Continuous Glucose Monitoring System for Diabetes
- Addressing Psychological Insulin Resistance in Patients With Diabetes
- AAP: Updated Guidelines for Managing High Blood Pressure in Children
- Endocrine Treatment in Transgender Individuals: Guidelines in Brief
- Cardiovascular Risk With Exenatide in Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Preterm Infants
- Medicare Recipients Overtreated for Diabetes, 1 in 10
- Infants Hospitalized Most Often for Adrenal Insufficiency, Hypopituitarism
- Following Approval, Triptorelin 6-Month Injection Now Available to Treat Central Precocious Puberty