Nutraceuticals may offer a solution to patients who cannot tolerate statins because of severe muscle pain.
According to a 2016 study, the mean price of insulin increased nearly 3-fold between 2002 and 2013.
Findings suggest that insulin resistance and deficiency may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease via their influence on brain function.
Environmental causes of T2D and other metabolic disorders are often overlooked; a new body of evidence, however, is changing the clinical thinking about mitigating these effects on those at high risk of T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Children with asthma had a 66% higher risk for incident obesity compared with children without asthma.
For patients with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery is associated with a lower risk for macrovascular outcomes compared with not undergoing surgery.
Heritability of BMI was significantly higher in children living in high-risk obesogenic environments compared with those living in low-risk environments.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Researchers described signs and symptoms in the years prior to acromegaly diagnosis and reported on differences between men and women in their clinical manifestations.
Diazoxide treatment in children with congenital hyperinsulinism is associated most commonly with neutropenia, but also carries a risk for pulmonary hypertension.
The Company is investigating the treatment as a combination with nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane; Celgene) for pancreatic cancers and other solid tumors.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond