Findings suggest that insulin resistance and deficiency may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease via their influence on brain function.
Environmental causes of T2D and other metabolic disorders are often overlooked; a new body of evidence, however, is changing the clinical thinking about mitigating these effects on those at high risk of T2D.
Insulin resistance contributes to the increased risk of type 2 diabetes in individuals with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Although metformin has been studied in randomized trials as adjunctive therapy to insulin in individuals with type 1 diabetes, further investigation in the form of outcomes trials is necessary to assess risks vs benefits.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Higher body mass index is likely to cause worse cardiovascular health in youth.
American Heart Association science advisory recommends healthy eating patterns instead.
A 36-month multicomponent behavioral intervention does not change BMI trajectory.
Latest in General Endocrinology
The algorithm was designed to account for sperm survival, variation in cycle length, ovulation day, temperature fluctuations and the length of the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle.
Although patients reach clinical and biochemical remission, patients exposed to hypercortisolism do not show functional remission.
The safety and efficacy of Annovera was evaluated in 3 open-label clinical trials involving healthy women (ages 18 to 40).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis