A growing body of research highlights the important role of bone in glucose metabolism.
Compared with the general population, patients with type 2 diabetes are at a 35% to 60% greater risk for atrial fibrillation.
Nutraceuticals may offer a solution to patients who cannot tolerate statins because of severe muscle pain.
According to a 2016 study, the mean price of insulin increased nearly 3-fold between 2002 and 2013.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Higher BMI in adults was related to an increase in moderate to severe upper respiratory infections.
Watching episodes of the television medical drama House resulted in a significant shift in perceptions of obesity among medical students.
Smaller studies have suggested little or no difference in short-term weight loss between Roux-En-Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Normal height velocity can be maintained in prepubertal children during the catch-up growth period by reducing growth hormone dosage by 50%.
With greater awareness, better therapeutics, and more precise imaging and biochemical assays, patients with acromegaly can be diagnosed and treated earlier and are oftentimes cured.
The Endocrine Society has expressed concern regarding the FDA's position on use of BPA in commercial products.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- Acute and Persistent Prothrombic Effects Observed With Antecedent Hypoglycemia in T2D
- Multiple Daily Injections vs Insulin Pump Therapy in Pregnant Women With T1D
- High Free T4 Levels Within Reference Range Associated With Atrial Fibrillation
- Consensus Guidelines Reinforce Healthy Living for Lowering Cholesterol
- Exposure to Maternal Diabetes Increases Risk for ADHD in Offspring
- Pharmacist-Led Intervention Reduces Inappropriate Prescriptions for Older Adults
- Genetic Test Helps Differentiate Benign vs Malignant Thyroid Nodules