Insulin resistance contributes to the increased risk of type 2 diabetes in individuals with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Although metformin has been studied in randomized trials as adjunctive therapy to insulin in individuals with type 1 diabetes, further investigation in the form of outcomes trials is necessary to assess risks vs benefits.
Ranking or otherwise gauging physician quality isn't just a way to assign bragging rights — performance metrics can be used to set reimbursement levels, tailor insurance, and identify physicians who are falling behind.
Dr Bush discusses the combination of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP-1 receptor agonist for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
The AMA supports evidence-based strategies such as excise taxes and adding warning labels.
From 1988-1994 to 2009-2014 there has been an increase in prevalence of overweight/obesity, but a decrease in weight loss efforts.
Obesity has a substantial effect on general health parameters, but its role in rheumatoid arthritis is much more complex.
Latest in General Endocrinology
For this study, the authors aimed to quantify this effect by conducting a systematic review of various databases to identify studies that included a placebo arm and used Female Sexual Function Index as a clinical outcome.
Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
Investigators revised pooled cohort equations to improve clinical accuracy to predict risk for cardiovascular disease.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D