Nutraceuticals may offer a solution to patients who cannot tolerate statins because of severe muscle pain.
According to a 2016 study, the mean price of insulin increased nearly 3-fold between 2002 and 2013.
Findings suggest that insulin resistance and deficiency may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease via their influence on brain function.
Environmental causes of T2D and other metabolic disorders are often overlooked; a new body of evidence, however, is changing the clinical thinking about mitigating these effects on those at high risk of T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
The USPSTF recommends that clinicians refer adults with a body mass index of 30 or higher to intensive, multicompetent behavioral interventions.
Supplementation with n-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in pregnancy leads to higher body mass index (BMI) in offspring at age 6 years.
Significant negative correlations were seen between visceral fat area and bronchial lumen diameter and lumen area, and significant positive correlations were seen between subcutaneous fat area and bronchial wall area and total area.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Investigators examined the reliability of the clonidine test in children with short stature who had been evaluated for suspected growth hormone deficiency.
Increases in use of one or more contraceptive methods, dual-method use, long-acting reversibles.
1 in 3 women of reproductive age report better ability to access birth control, family planning services.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency