ACP responds to criticism from the ADA, the Endocrine Society, the AACE, and the AADE of guidance that clinicians should aim to achieve an HbA1c level between 7% and 8% in most people with type 2 diabetes.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
An increasing number of studies support the use of continuous glucose monitoring in adult patients with T2D, and the observed benefits are likely to extend to youth with T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
The prevalence of obesity is higher among those living in non-metropolitan counties versus metropolitan counties.
Many working Americans obtain food and beverages from work, and these foods often do not align with dietary guidelines.
The researchers found that on a given day, 85 percent of infants and toddlers had any consumption of added sugar.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Serum intact parathyroid hormone levels may be an early marker to predict postthyroidectomy hypocalcemia.
Investigators examined the effect of progestin-only contraceptive on cardiometabolic outcomes, including stroke, MI, hypertension, diabetes, and VTE.
TransCon PTH is a long-acting prodrug of parathyroid hormone designed to restore PTH to physiologic levels, normalizing blood and urinary calcium levels, serum phosphate levels and bone turnover.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes