Despite multiple measures and goals to reduce US maternal mortality rates, the latest data suggest the United States is far behind the rest of the world in maternal health care.
An endocrinologist shares his experience of using concept videos to teach medical students.
One practicing endocrinologist ponders whether mentoring medical students requires more than imparting knowledge.
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Gestational weight gain above current recommendations was a risk of infants with macrosomia or needing a cesarian delivery.
In 2015, more than 107 and 603 million children and adults, respectively, were obese.
Despite existing guidelines, many eligible patients are not offered weight loss surgery as an option.
Latest in General Endocrinology
The female athlete triad includes low energy availability, menstrual dysfunction, and low bone density.
Modest changes were recorded in patients' weight, fasting glucose, and glycated hemoglobin levels with long-term schizophrenia therapy.
Serum 25(OH) D levels were associated with chronic tension-type headaches, musculoskeletal pain, and muscle weakness.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring in Type 2 Diabetes Does Not Benefit Glycemic Control
- Major Cardiovascular Event Incidence in T2D: Degludec vs Glargine
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain