Nutraceuticals may offer a solution to patients who cannot tolerate statins because of severe muscle pain.
According to a 2016 study, the mean price of insulin increased nearly 3-fold between 2002 and 2013.
Findings suggest that insulin resistance and deficiency may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease via their influence on brain function.
Environmental causes of T2D and other metabolic disorders are often overlooked; a new body of evidence, however, is changing the clinical thinking about mitigating these effects on those at high risk of T2D.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Latest in Obesity
Children with asthma had a 66% higher risk for incident obesity compared with children without asthma.
For patients with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery is associated with a lower risk for macrovascular outcomes compared with not undergoing surgery.
Heritability of BMI was significantly higher in children living in high-risk obesogenic environments compared with those living in low-risk environments.
Latest in General Endocrinology
Diazoxide treatment in children with congenital hyperinsulinism is associated most commonly with neutropenia, but also carries a risk for pulmonary hypertension.
The Company is investigating the treatment as a combination with nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane; Celgene) for pancreatic cancers and other solid tumors.
One-third of the women enrolled in Michigan's Medicaid expansion program reported improved access to birth control and family planning services.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity